JOIN OUR STAFF
CRIA is a rare career opportunity for international educators.
Situated on the Pacific coast of the culturally rich Guanacaste Province, teaching at CRIA provides you with a unique combination of academic rigor and natural wonders that make teaching engaging and relevant to 21st century education. If you have a sense of adventure, requisite qualifications and experience, we invite you to apply for the following job opportunities.
CRIA is experiencing its fastest growth since the school’s founding in the year 2000. Committed to small class sizes within a Pre-K to Grade 12 program, CRIA seeks to hire new staff for program expansion as well as replacement of leaving staff. We are now accepting applications for the following tentative and definite job openings.
All teachers and professional staff employed by the CRIA should have a degree or diploma from an accredited university or similar institution. All teaching employees will have a teaching qualification, certification or license from a recognized educational authority.
As a general policy, the Board of Directors will employ as full-time and part-time employees, only persons with the following minimum qualifications:
- A US or Canadian teaching credential in the subject or grade level to be taught
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent – Master’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience
- At least two references inclusive of current or latest direct supervisor
The Director may accept applications for assignments from persons that do not meet the requirements as stipulated above, where it is clear that the person applying will meet the requirements within a two-year period. Such persons will be treated as Teacher Interns.
Please send the following documents all in one PDF attachment to Lois Mare’ at: email@example.com
- A one page cover letter
- Maximum two page Resume
- A one page teaching philosophy
- Maximum two letters of reference
- List of references to include name, email, and supervisor’s title
POSITIONS FOR 2018-2019:
1. Costa Rica International Academy seeks qualified primary teachers with experience in English-Spanish dual language education in Kindergarten to Grade 2. Qualified candidates must have command of both Spanish and English language as well as the ability to differentiate instruction for varying language proficiencies, in order to deliver high quality, biliteracy lessons in all subject areas. Experience working with sheltered instruction techniques is preferred.
Dual Language teachers are expected to collaborate with colleagues for the ongoing development, implementation, and stewardship of the school’s program and cooperate harmoniously within a diverse population of this well-reputed international school in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Send CV and letter of interest to Lois Mare: firstname.lastname@example.org
For possible future openings, please send CV and letter of interest at email@example.com