CRIA Primary & Secondary Online School – Four Complimentary Learning Platforms
What secondary student skills and behaviors are emphasized to support online learning success?
Secondary students with strong self-motivation, self-direction, time management skills, and reading skills may be more likely to do well in the CRIA Online learning platforms.
- Time management skills are required to handle the responsibility of self-pacing.
- Self-motivation and self-direction are required to remain engaged and on track without face-to-face guidance from a teacher.
- Ability and willingness to learn independently are important for students who may not have any peers taking the same subject.
- Strong reading skills are needed to digest large amounts of on-screen reading.
- CRIA recommends that students enrolled in online courses read at or near to grade level.
- The reading load may present additional difficulties for English Language learners (ELLs).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary for communicating with online teachers to receive support and to stay on pace. Students communicate steadily with their online teachers by email.
These four platforms have been strategically combined to provide the highest standards of quality and opportunity to prepare for college:
*Some courses may require additional fees for credits, exams, and materials.
Read more about our primary online school & secondary online schools here:
Dr. Lynn Pikero