BUS SERVICE INFORMATION
School Year 23-24
For the 2023-2024 School year, the SCHOOL only operates 2 routes: Ventanas and Playas del Coco.
These are the rules/contract:
- Please be at the bus stop on time. The bus has a schedule and cannot wait for students that are late.
- If your child misses the bus, please do not try to stop the bus in the middle of the road. Go to the next bus stop or bring your child to the school.
- The bus has an established route, for insurance reasons it cannot vary its route.
- Students need to travel on the bus they were assigned. The must be on the buses’ list. They cannot change buses.
- The service is prepaid per semester, and it is not refundable.
- The service is only for CRIA students who have prepaid the bus fee.
- Parents with children under 6 years old should provide a car seat for the ride in the bus. The seat must be kept in the bus until the end of each semester.
- All the students must behave on the bus:
- The student will have a permanent assigned seat.
- Use a seat belt all the times.
- Never open the windows.
- Keep head, arms etc. inside the bus.
- No graffiti.
- No trash.
- Proper language (no swearing)
- Always keep T shirts on.
- Exit the bus using the door.
- No screaming or yelling.
- No eating or drinking.
- No possession of liquor or drugs.
- No possession of guns, knives, etc.
- Any violation of the above rules will be cause for suspension of one or more days, up to the termination of the use of the bus service.
- The schedule and route will be sent to each parent before the beginning of the school year.
- If your child is going to be leaving with someone else (a friend's parent, for example), or will not ride their bus because they are going home with someone else, you MUST INFORM your child's classroom teacher by NOON, or send an email to the operations manager.
- PRICES PER STUDENT: Ventanas / Playas del Coco
- 1 st semester……………..$750 + 13% taxes / $800 + 13% taxes
- 2 nd semester…………….$972 + 13% taxes / $1.000 + 13% taxes
- THIS CONTRACT IS VALID AS SOON AS THE PREPAID IS DONE.
Some routes are serviced by private contractors and are not under CRIA supervision or responsibility; the parents hire the driver and sign the contract directly with the external provider.
Student Transportation Law allows parents to directly contract and sign the student bus service with the carrier. The parents are responsible for ensuring that the service is legal in all its aspects:
- Legal permission to transport students
- Policies / Insurances
- Good state and maintenance of the transport unit
- Legality of the assigned driver: C2 license up to date, valid ID up to date, police record updated.
- Any other legal requirement: driver's assistant, first aid kit, use of the right booster seat, etc.
- If you want to confirm the legality of the service you have hired, visit this web: www.ctp.go.cr
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
For information, please contact Vera: firstname.lastname@example.org