Consider CRIA!CRIA is a rare career opportunity for international educators. Situated on the Pacific coast of the culturally rich Guanacaste Province, teaching at CRIA provides you with a unique combination of academic rigor and natural wonders that make teaching engaging and relevant to 21st-century education. If you have a sense of adventure, requisite qualifications, and experience, we invite you to apply for the following job opportunities. CRIA is experiencing steady growth since the school’s founding in the year 2000. Committed to small class sizes within a Toddler to Grade 12 program, CRIA seeks to hire new staff for program expansion as well as replacement of leaving staff. Our school is a Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA) accredited college preparatory school, using a combination of the Virginia State Standards of Learning, local Costa Rica MEP curriculum, and Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
FACULTY QUALIFICATIONSAll teachers employed by the CRIA should have a degree from an accredited university or similar institution. All teaching employees have a teaching qualification, certification or license from a recognized educational authority, or a master's degree in the subject area to be taught. As a US accredited school, CRIA employs teachers with the following general qualifications:
- A US, Canadian or accredited international university teaching certification in the subject or grade level to be taught
- A Bachelor’s Degree in education or Masters Degree in subject area taught
- Recent criminal background check
- At least two references inclusive of current or latest direct supervisor
- A one-page cover letter
- Maximum two-page resume with current photo on the first page, top right
- A one-page teaching philosophy
- Maximum two letters of reference
- List of references to include name, email, and supervisor's title
FACULTY OPENINGS 2021-22
CRIA is seeking a qualified bilingual School Counselor for the 2021-22 academic year, beginning in August.School counselor will be responsible for the Social /Emotional learning program at CRIA, including individual, small group and whole class sessions/lessons. Part-time local hire position, flexible hours.
Send letter of interest and CV to Dr. Lynn Pikero (email@example.com)