CRIA is a rare career opportunity for international educators and school support staff.
Situated on the Pacific coast of the culturally rich Guanacaste Province, working for CRIA provides you with a unique combination of academic rigor and natural wonders that make teaching engaging and relevant to 21st-century education. If you have a sense of adventure, requisite qualifications, and experience, we invite you to apply for the following job opportunities.
CRIA is experiencing steady growth since the school’s founding in the year 2000.
Committed to average class sizes of 18 students within a Pre-K to Grade 12 program, CRIA seeks to hire new staff for program expansion as well as replacement of leaving staff. Our school is a Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA) accredited college preparatory school, using a combination of the Virginia State Standards of Learning, local Costa Rica MEP curriculum, and Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
TEACHING FACULTY QUALIFICATIONS
All teachers employed by the CRIA should have a degree from an accredited university or similar institution. All teaching employees have a teaching qualification, certification or license from a recognized educational authority, or a master's degree in the subject area to be taught.
As a US accredited school, CRIA employs teachers with the following general qualifications:
- A US, Canadian or accredited international university teaching certification in the subject or grade level to be taught
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Masters’ Degree in subject area taught
- Recent criminal background check
- At least two references inclusive of current or latest direct supervisor
Instructions to Apply:
All candidates, please send the following documents all in one PDF attachment addressed to Lois Mare, Director email: email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to apply at the earliest possible time.
- A one-page cover letter
- Maximum two-page resume with current photo on the first page, top right
- A one-page teaching philosophy
- Maximum two letters of reference
- List of references to include name, email, and supervisor's title
FACULTY OPENINGS 2024-25
- Secondary Social Studies Teacher (AP experience preferred)
- Secondary Science Teacher (AP experience preferred)
- Secondary Mathematics Teacher (AP experience preferred)
- Upper Primary Classroom Teacher
- Lower Primary Dual Language Classroom Teacher (must be fluent in both English and Spanish).
- For other potential future openings, please send a letter of interest and resum
Certified Candidates are welcome to send in an application packet if you believe that CRIA can be a great fit for you.
Although we thank every candidate for their interest, only those selected for the semi-final round will be contacted.