JOIN OUR STAFF
CRIA is a rare career opportunity for international educators.
Situated on the Pacific coast of the culturally rich Guanacaste Province, teaching at CRIA provides you with a unique combination of academic rigor and natural wonders that make teaching engaging and relevant to 21st-century education. If you have a sense of adventure, requisite qualifications, and experience, we invite you to apply for the following job opportunities.
CRIA is experiencing steady growth since the school’s founding in the year 2000. Committed to small class sizes within a Toddler to Grade 12 program, CRIA seeks to hire new staff for program expansion as well as replacement of leaving staff. Our school is a Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA) accredited college preparatory school, using a combination of the Virginia State Standards of Learning, local Costa Rica MEP curriculum, and Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
All teachers employed by the CRIA should have a degree from an accredited university or similar institution. All teaching employees have a teaching qualification, certification or license from a recognized educational authority, or a master’s degree in the subject area to be taught.
As a US accredited school, CRIA employs teachers with the following general qualifications:
- A US, Canadian or accredited international university teaching certification in the subject or grade level to be taught
- A Bachelor’s Degree in education or Masters Degree in subject area taught
- Recent criminal background check
- At least two references inclusive of current or latest direct supervisor
All candidates, please send the following documents all in one PDF attachment addressed to Lois Mare, School Director: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com. We encourage you to apply at the earliest possible time. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received, but may not be appointed until February/March 2020.
- A one-page cover letter
- Maximum two-page resume with current photo on the first page, top right
- A one-page teaching philosophy
- Maximum two letters of reference
- List of references to include name, email, and supervisor’s title
- Pre-K to G.12 Visual Arts teacher. Instruction is in Spanish; bilingual candidates preferred.
Candidates are welcome to send in an application packet if you believe that CRIA can be a great fit for you.
Although we thank every candidate for their interest, only those selected for the semi-final round will be contacted.